Meet Our Staff
James Byars – Vice President of Sales
- James is married to his wife, Angela, & they have 3 boys – Hudson, Crew, & Brooks. They also have a chocolate lab named Emma.
- James enjoys being outdoors, camping, hiking, riding his motorcycle, hunting, and fishing. James and Angela are also active members of First Baptist Church in Elkhart, where they enjoy serving and spending time with their small group.
- James graduated from Elkhart Christian Academy in Elkhart, Indiana in 2004. He went on to Pensacola Christian College in Pensacola, Florida, where he graduated in 2008 with a Bachelor’s degree in Mangement and a 2nd Bachelor’s degree in Marketing.
- Through high school, James worked for Oakbrook Homes doing service work and framing. During college, he worked for The Master’s Group, a local residential and commercial construction company. His job description included framing, roofing, insulation, concrete, painting, and landscaping. James gained 6 years of experience in sales and customer service with MOR/ryde Intl and Hometown Mortgage. At Hometown, James became a licensed loan officer in Indiana and Michigan.
- firstname.lastname@example.org (574) 970-0363
Shalmai Keim – Interior Design, Marketing & Social Media
- Shalmai is married to her husband Brandon & they have 3 boys – Julien, Jaden, & Sebastian.
- In her spare time, Shalmai enjoys art, nature, coffee, & spending time with her friends & family.
- Shalmai graduated from The Woodlands HS in Houston, TX, in 2003 & received an Interior Design Degree from the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale in 2006.
- She started her design career by working at various furniture shops until landing a job as a high-end kitchen designer in Fort Lauderdale. When she moved to Goshen with her family in 2010, she began her own photography business. After focusing on photography for 8 years, she felt it was time for a change. When her & her husband bought a home built in the 1900s & fixed it up, she realized how much she loved design & began pursuing that again. In 2018, she opened her own interior design studio where she began helping clients improve their spaces.
- email@example.com (574) 970-9001 x5
Shane Nelson – Project Manager
- Shane moved to Indiana from Illinois straight out of college in 2013 for a career opportunity.
- Outside of work, Shane enjoys camping, golfing, & boating.
- Shane graduated from Havana High School in 2008. He went on to Spoon River Community College, graduating in 2010 with an Associates Degree in Arts & Science. He then graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Construction Management from Western Illinois University in 2013.
- Having 4+ years of project management experience in the commericial modular industry, Shane has managed to completion school additions, office spaces, & medical building across the United States.
- Shane has a variety of construction certifications pertaining to equipment operation, safety standards, & specialty certifications such as a Health Care Construction Certification.
- firstname.lastname@example.org (309) 338-7963
Kordell Schrock – Renovations
Crystal Wyse – Production Manager
- In her leisure time, Crystal enjoys talking her dogs for long walks, reading, taking road trips to visit friends, and dabbling with sketching and painting. Slowing down life’s fast pace and taking time to enjoy the simple things is her main focus.
- Crystal graduated from Northridge High School in Middlebury, Indiana.
- After graduating from high school, Crystal started working in the construction industry at HHI Wholesale Home Center. She held several positions there, eventually becoming the Inside Sales Coordinator. She also managed a dental practice and owned her own pet supply store. She gained experience with fencing, railing, decking and pergolas while working in the Customer Service/Inside Sales at Vinyl By Design.
- email@example.com (574) 970-9001 x7
Angie McDowell – Accounting Manager
- Angie is married to her husband, Bill. She has 2 stepdaughters – Shawn and Shannon. Shawn is married and has 2 boys, Nathan and Travis. Shannon has 2 children, Derek and Addison.
- Angie’s hobbies are golfing, playing cards and attending her grandchildren’s sporting events.
- Angie graduated from Goshen High School in Goshen Indiana in 1983. She has taken several miscellaneous college courses between the years 1991 and 1993.
- Angie began working as a credit manager for Keyline Sales in Elkhart Indiana shortly after graduating high school. Her responsibilities included organizing many detailed projects and several other duties relating to accounting. In 1994, Angie joined the Fireside team where she keeps record of all general bookkeeping. She is also responsible for accounts payable, invoice coding, payroll, maintaining job costs and organizing multiple land development projects.
- Angie was the Elkhart Unit Commander for the Disabled American Veterans Auxiliary (DAVA) Chapter #19 from 2005-2008. She became the DAVA Department of Indiana State Commander as well as Chapter #19 Adjutant from 2008-2009. Until 2012, Angie remained the DAVA Chapter #19 Unit Commander. She is currently the treasurer of the Tri Kappa Sorority, Alpha Rho Chapter.
- firstname.lastname@example.org (574) 970-9001 x3
Chelsey Yoder – ACCOUNTINg & Marketing ASSISTANT
- Chelsey is married to her husband, Matt, & they have 2 daughters – Elliott and Rylee.
- Chelsey enjoys spending time with family and friends. She enjoys being outdoors and spending time at her parent’s lake property.
- Chelsey graduated from Elkhart Christian Academy in Elkhart Indiana in 2006. She then attended Taylor University before graduating from Bethel College in Mishawaka Indiana with an Associate’s Degree in Business Management in 2009.
- Chelsey has worked in the marketing field for several years. She worked as an Administrative Assistant for a local church and then was an assistant to the director of the former YMCA of Elkhart County, Elkhart Indiana.
- email@example.com (574) 970-9001 x6