Helping Michiana families take their next steps to a quality, affordable home!
- Our Vision is to be the preferred builder in the Michiana area, setting the standard for Value within the home building industry.
- Our Mission is to design and build the highest quality homes that meet the needs and improve the quality of life for future generations.
Ready to start your dream home? Call Us Today!
Select an item below to learn more…
Our Commitment to You
Here is what we are committed to:
- Excellence: Recognizing that our customers have chosen us, we are committed to serving our clients with excellence in every aspect of the building experience.
- Quality: Recognizing that our homes leave a lasting impression, our craftsman are committed to using quality materials and providing the highest quality craftsmanship in every home we build.
- Communication: Recognizing that communication is the key to any good relationship, our staff is committed to listening to our clients and building friendships before, during and after the building process.
- Design: Recognizing that creative designs are one of the keys to our past success, we are committed to continuing a tradition of designing award winning homes that reflect the desires of each individual client.
- Detail: Recognizing that attention to detail is often what sets us apart from our competition, our production manager, job superintendent and staff are committed to follow up on even the smallest details in each home we build.
- Involvement: Recognizing that our clients play a key role in the building of their new home, we are committed to keeping each client directly involved and informed during the building process.
- Integrity: Recognizing that our business is based on Christian principles and that most of our clients are referred to us by past customers, we are committed to working honestly and fairly with all of our clients, vendors, sub-contractors and employees.
About Hearth Homes
Hearth Homes Inc. was founded in 2014 by Timothy A. Miller (Tim) as a division of Fireside Homes Inc. After more than 30 years of building high quality, custom homes throughout Michiana, Tim had a desire to reach future generations with a more affordable version of a Fireside built home. With his entire focus on value, quality, function and form, Tim and his team set out to create and build the first Hearth Home.
“Our first model home was incredibly well received in the 2015 Parade of Homes” states Tim. “That home sold almost as soon as it was completed.” In its first two years, Hearth Homes Inc. helped more than 30 families improve their quality of life with a beautiful and affordable new home! Tim continues, “The entire Hearth Homes team of suppliers, sub-contractors, and employees have bought into our mission to provide quality home for future generations with enduring value and affordability!”
James Byars, Vice President of Sales, works with each client from the first appointment to the final closing. With the assistance of their draftsman, James starts by helping each client refine their desires into a floorplan that will add value to their lifestyle and will be a truly functional living space. When the conceptual floor plan is completed, James then tailors the cost estimate to the needs, desires, and budget of each client. According to James, “Every client is unique in their wish list and budget. I want to do everything I can to help them achieve both of these objectives in their new home!”
After the plans and estimate have been agreed upon, the contract is written up, the construction plans are completed, and the building project is ready to get underway. The team at Hearth Homes continues to walk along side each client throughout the entire process of building their new home. James, with the assistance of Dan Yoder, Production Manager, handles the project managment during the construction phase.
One of the many benefits of being a part of the Fireside family of companies is the opportunity to work with their “Design Coordinator”, Janet Miller. While the production team is focused on the construction of the home, Janet is helping each client through the maze of decisions and selections, ensuring their new home is a beautiful reflection of the individual personality of each client!
In addition to several scheduled jobsite visits with James at key times during the construction phase, Hearth Homes clients are encouraged to visit the job site as often as desired so that they can see the quality and attention to detail that is going into their new home! “Our suppliers, sub-contractors and employees often get praised by our clients for their friendliness, quality, and understanding during jobsite visits” Janet adds!
Hearth Homes is also licensed in Michigan and is building homes throughout the Michiana area. “Sandy Creek in Granger is our signature community where we have built several homes, but we are happy to build anywhere within a reasonable distance of our office” James says.
Tim and James are also active in their local, state, and national Home Builder’s Association and they are continually seeking to increase their knowledge and influence in the building industry.
The team at Hearth Homes looks forward to having the opportunity to earn your trust as they continue to design and build quality, affordable homes “for future generations”.